Wednesday, August 17

God Gave You a Gift of 86,400 Seconds Today. Have You Used One to Say "Thank You?"

“As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the
highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.”
John F. Kennedy
      Hi everybody, how are you?

Wow, gosh. This has been a phenomenal week. Today, I was wiped out in a good wiped out way. Yesterday's presentation took a lot out of me. I zombied through the day,  Gladly, I accepted my physical exhaustion. Much was accomplished Tuesday. My life won't be the same, all for the good.

    It's really something when I see that I can endure the slings and arrows of adversity with aplomb. It's not because of my strength, that I can. God gives me the grace. He does for me what I can't do for myself.

My Gratitudes for Today: 

1. I eagerly embrace my future. It's getting better because of  investments I'm  making in myself.
2. Tomorrow, I'm meeting with other business owners for further support. I can't wait. I look forward to increasing effectiveness, greater abundance and prosperity, in addition to increased serenity.
3. I spoke with my oldest son this evening. We had a pleasant chat. Tentatively, we'll get together next Tuesday, before he attends a class. We'll meet on the campus where he's completing his studies. I'm glad that the frequency is increasing. He's a tremendously busy guy. I'm glad wants to make the time. Connecting with my sons is always a precious time.
4. I love the serenity I enjoy as a result of hard personal work I've done for seven and a half years.
5. I ate at a Mexican restaurant this evening with six others. It's satisfying gathering with friends, hanging out, laughing, enjoying each other's company.
6. I'm basking in the time I experienced yesterday with two others. They helped me to get over several serious humps. I'm thankful for greater clarity regarding my business and my future.
7. Tomorrow, I'll meet with a friend who also owns a business. She's attending the same meeting in Corte Madera. We'll hang out a bit, afterwards. Fellowship with long-term friends is always good. 
8. I'm meeting with a client later in the afternoon Thursday.
9. I visited with a friend over the phone, today. I'm glad we shared ideas that will improve our friendship and how we'll arrange times for getting together. 
10. I'm thankful for the gift of disagreeing. One sign of being an adult is that we disagree with others. As I've said before, part of our growth is when we can say what we mean, mean what we say, without saying it meanly.

   Okay, you know the routine. I ask you who drop by to share at least three things for which you are grateful. It's the way you sign the registry to this inn. What are your gratitude for this lovely day?  Go ahead, give your attitude muscles a workout.There are 86,400 seconds in a day. May I ask you to use one to say thanks today, in this inn? I'm not asking much. I look forward to hearing from you.

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels