Saturday, March 27

Making Time for Me 3/27/21

     Today went at an unexpected pace.  My morning schedule changed, giving me time to write.  It is something I can-not not do. 

     Writing lets me self-express, something I was not allowed to do as a child or adol-escent.  So I am overjoyed whenever voicing my opinion.  My need for autono-my, choice, and independence are met. 

     Scribing takes me to unexpected places.  Like Flannery O'Connor, sometimes I don't know what I have to say until I start writing.  My last post was like that.  

     It started out as my first gratitude.  Taking on a life of its own, it morphed into an overview of the value of patience and awareness. 

     I connected with friends today, too. When we do, it nurtures us.  Our need for connection, closeness, and being appreciated are met. 

    Bonding is the most important need for our emotional health. 

      In addition to writing and checking in with friends, I decompres-sed.  Our day improves when we include time for space, rest, and celebrating life.  When we mix in fun with the tasks required for today we breathe in life in ways easily overlooked. 

     This afternoon, I relaxed by spending time in nature.  My day became leisurely, my senses took in the magnificence of Redwood trees, the simplicity of dirt paths, and the abundance of musty ferns. 

     Agendas are fine, but flexibility is the key to an invigorating day.  We move beyond a robotic, unsat-isfying life.  This day I had a fabulous reprieve from my normal routine. 

     While out and about, two BMWs challenged me as I sped along the forested summit of the San Francisco Peninsula.   No other make of cars did.  It was fun, staying ahead.  

     I wove along the twisty spine of the peninsula, from San Mateo County near Belmont to Saratoga, in Santa Clara County, about 30 miles.  Going south, it overlooks the Bay Area on the left, the Pacific on the right. 

      Urban living is exhausting.  Taking in nature is a relaxing antidote.  The skyline vistas rippling with multiple forest-ed valleys stretching out towards the Pacific Ocean shimmering in the back-ground was the tonic needed for my weariness. 

      What is good for us?  

      Setting aside time for ourselves, doing activities that lift our spirits.  Life is not a dress rehearsal.  We have only one time through this world. 

     Making the most of life, taking advantage of the gifts it offers during the day puts Miracle-Gro on our Attitude of Gratitude.  With a positive mindset, we more fully capture the abundant happiness our Higher Pow-er wants us to luxuriate in and enjoy.

           Wishing you a fantastic weekend, 

                         Pablo

No comments:

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels