Saturday, December 22

Luxuriating in My Gratitudes---A Happy Innkeeper

     Good late evening everyone,

Please warm yourself by the fire, it's cold outside.  It's been a long while since I've left gratitudes as listed below.  In my previous post, they
were there, but interspersed within my comments.

My Gratitudes for Saturday:

1.  I rested, napped, nurtured a cold I have.  Yep, I'm a bit ill.  I'm thankful for balance. Today, I decompressed after an intense week.
2.  God's deep love for me.

     I experienced miracles this week.  I am amazed at God's abiding love for me.  A friend I hadn't seen in several years dropped by to visit this week.

     It was a great pick me up. I couldn't believe his commitment towards me and my happiness. His caring nature made this week bearable.  It was totally unexpected.  I valued his companionship.

3.  I'm thankful for perseverance.  In the midst of stressful times it's easy to catastrophize.  I appreciate what I've learned about taking care of myself during difficult moments.

     Pacing my life, relying on God's strength and having enough sense to know when to let go when things are beyond my abilities does wonders for my mental and emotional health.
"There is only one God and we are not it." 
4.  I'm grateful that I've learned that focusing on our problems only makes them more disturbing. The way of personal growth is different. I learn to consider the options I do have.  Recovery also involves taking risks---reaching out to other in the real world, being vulnerable.

     My heart goes out to many who use the cyber world for friendship. Such friendships lack the depth that is only found when hands and shoulders touch.

5. I look forward to Christmas.  I'm thankful for it's meaning.  God extended himself towards mankind, providing a Savior who allows us to have a restored, loving relationship with Him.

    I'm thankful for the beauty, ease and harmony I know, as I abide and commune with Him.

6.  This has been an amazing year. I also thankful for the following truth. It has helped me to exercise discipline when my nature wanted to let up and quit.
"Success depends not merely in how well I do the things I enjoy, but in how conscientiously I perform those duties that I don't."  John Maxwell, Developing the Leader Within You
     I celebrate the growth, increasing competence, effectiveness and commitment to purpose, when I live by the truth held by this principle.

How About You? 
       May I ask you to share at least three gratitudes? I'd love hearing them. It contributes to the community we share, when you do.

       Wishing you a Merry Christmas, one filled with love and fulfilled dreams,

4 comments:

Carl H said...

Dear Innkeeper,

On this late Saturday night, early Sunday morning, I am grateful...

1. To finalize our family Christmas letter (short but late), and begin to print it out on stationary. Also grateful to have updated and printed out the mailing labels!

2. To hear the laughter of youth as they bake midnight cookies.

3. To have been able to avoid shopping, the malls, and the material madness that can shadow the otherwise white-hot light of love that informs this mystical season of hope.

4. To have graciously and gratefully resolved a grocery store check-out person's costly error, by phone no less, with compensation to follow...nice when that happens!

5. To have had an important conversation regarding an irresponsible moment with two sons that reinforces my boundaries, and puts them on notice; tough love.

Broken said...

Your post made me smile,especially the part about recovery involving taking risks means a lot to at the moment.It made me think through some things I've been avoiding,so I thank you for that :)

I'm grateful..

1)To have my loved ones beside me with their caring embrace

2)To be able to keep up my peace through this hard time

3)For music and poetry which have been my saviours of hope

4)To have slept for more than 5 hours in a long time

5)For both laughter and tears for neither is complete without the other

Pablo said...

Dear Carl,

I'm impressed with your diligence and your focus on the true meaning of Christmas.

Your sons are fortunate that you are consistent with your boundaries---you are model for them. Time adhering to your values will pay off. Kudos to you!

Pablo said...

Dear Broken,

You are a fortunate person, surrounded by loved ones. I enjoy the way you express yourself. I resonate with your phrasing and perspective. I do.

You sound like you are describing me---I don't sleep much either. I bet you feel better, getting some extra time to rest.

Your last comment reminds me of what Khalil Gibran had to say about Joy and Sorrow, in his book, The Prophet.

I wish you a terrific rest of this year. I appreciate you dropping by, reading and making the time to comment. Blessings to you!

Quotes from the Posts

"I'm mindful that our thoughts affect the words we use, our words influence our actions, our actions shape our character and our character determines our destiny."

From "My Character Determines My Destiny." To read it, please click here.

"Progress not perfection, is better than no progress at all, especially when we're trying to rid ourselves from unwelcome dragons that dwell within the closets of our soul."

From, "Still Learning" which, within four days, became the most popular post
written. To read it, please click here.

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its trouble, but it does empty today of its strength"
From the post: "Life Is Not a Correspondence Program." Click here to read it.

"Even though we cannot control our circumstances, we can control how we choose to respond to them."

From, "Handling Stress and Dealing With an Emotional Bully."Click here to read this post.

"Nope, being busy isn't exciting. Boring is good. Because boring is not boring; boring is being healthy, living a balanced life that has serenity"

From: "Do You Know What It Means If You Are Too Busy?" For more, please click here.

Labels